Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Production Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1:
I came across your advertisement for a production assistant on your company website and would like to apply for said position. I have a strong background in production and an extremely interested in the job responsibilities offered by your esteemed production house.
I completed my graduates degree in television production from the Boston University in 2009 and have also completed my Master of Fine Arts degree in Cinematic Arts, Film & Television Production from the School of Cinematic Arts; University of Southern California in 2011. Since, completion of the MFA program, I have been associated with A&E Television Network as a TV Production Coordinator. My experience and area of expertise includes:
- Assisting news and other informational channel producers in gathering various types of production elements like still pictures, sot’s, and b-rolls among others
- Responsible for providing accurate and detailed information regarding A&E Television Network programs to the in-house computerized tape library system, databases, and web content management system
- Worked under the supervision of Producers to log various A&E Television Network programs and including selection of clips
- Worked under the supervision of Producers for preparation of script and graphics to be aired on A&E Television Network programs
- Assisted in the production of monthly and quarterly repurposed spots including acquiring source masters, generating VO scripts, generating checklists, and supervising online video and audio sessions
- Played an integral role in assembling various elements related to our weekend schedules for the Master Control Operators
- Responsible for liaisoning with radio, web, TV and other media relations for A&E Television Network
While gaining experience at my current organization, I have strengthened my existing knowledge and have handled several key functions and roles. I can work under high pressure for prolonged periods of time and can work at any time of the day to meet the requirements of the production house.
I look forward to an opportunity to discuss the experience that I can bring to your organization.
Production Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2:
I am writing in response to the advertisement for a production assistant with NBC Universal. I believe your company is a perfect fit for me and I will be able to bring a lot to your esteemed company. I am experienced with all aspects of production including interviewing, editing, and creative development. Not only am I hard working, but I also collaborate well with others, use criticism for improvement, and offer realistic solutions to challenging problems. My extensive experience in the field of production has provided the knowledge needed to work through difficult and complicated situations with poise and determination.
Working in a fast paced environment allows me to demonstrate my confidence and strategic abilities. I enjoy setting goals and using problem solving skills to achieve the best possible outcome. Dedication to providing high quality results is all part of my personal commitment to the job. My outgoing personality makes working with people from all different backgrounds an easy part of the job. If you are looking for an assistant who is willing to take on responsibility and make sure the production is completed on-time and on budget – I am right for this position.
I look forward to meeting with you and the other producers with (NBC Universal.) I know that I will be an asset to your organization and provide fresh new insight to current assignments. Optimism and a positive attitude are characteristics I will add to the production team. I have attached my resume detailing all of my coursework and experience and look forward to hearing from you soon
Production Assistant Cover Letter Sample 3:
I’m inquiring about the position of Production Assistant with KickBack Studios. As you can see from my resume, I have more than eight years of experience in the fields of writing, directing and editing, making me a prime candidate for the position.
I first discovered my love of film while attending the University of Michigan. While majoring in communications, I had the chance to intern for HGH Studios during the summer of ’07, and my experience on set changed my life. I printed scripts, ordered catering, hung lights and assisted everyone from directors to network executives.
I officially began my career as a production assistant in ’09. I’ve worked on several shows on NBC, and I’ve also completed a few independent projects in my spare time. I have a wide variety of technical skills in the fields of editing and computing. I can operate all the standard editing software with ease.
I’m eager to make the transition to filmmaking with you, and I believe I have both the experience and the determination necessary to make it a successful leap. You said in your ad that you’re looking for a production assistant who isn’t afraid of long hours. I once spent two 18 hour days in the mud holding a portable green screen, perseverance won’t be a problem.
You also said that you wanted someone with initiative, someone who doesn’t have to wait for instructions to get things done. As I said before, I’ve completed several independent projects on my own time as part of my effort to gain as much experience as possible. My eventual goal is to become a successful director in my own right.
I’ll be in the city next week, and I’d love the chance to speak with you in person about my skills and ambitions. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon. I believe we can make excellent films together.