123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Cell: (555) 123-9876 – firstname.lastname@example.org
May 29, 2014
University of Southern California
3434 South Grand Ave., Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90089
RE: Executive Director, Environmental Health and Safety (Job ID: 1000852)
Dear Talent Management Professional,
I am pleased to apply for the position of Executive Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Throughout my career, I have developed and leveraged my leadership, management and technical skills to reduce EHS risks, ensure compliance and maximize organizational performance. My contributions at USC will be no different.
As Executive Director, I will continue to develop and champion the EHS Department as a "center of excellence" for the university, providing the resources, systems and expertise to protect staff, faculty, employees, students, visitors and the environment. A summary of my qualifications include:
- Over 25 years of progressive responsibility as an EHS leader, manager, resource and technical expert.
- Over 20 years experience working with leaders of large organizations developing strategic plans and policies.
- Over 12 years experience managing EHS professionals, including a staff of over 35 persons.
- Experience as an EHS professional at Stanford University and Stanford University Medical Center and as a Graduate Research Assistant at UC Berkeley.
- Familiar with recognizing and controlling a broad range of health, safety, ergonomic and environmental hazards.
- Competent at designing facilities to eliminate potential hazards.
- Experience working in laboratory and R&D environments.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional
- Master's Degree in Occupational Health (UC Berkeley)
I look forward to discussing my accomplishments and how I can help build a strong and dynamic safety culture at USC. It would be a pleasure to become a member of the "Trojan Family".
Safety manager cover letter is the first thing that the potential employers will focus their attention on, it needs to provide brief yet effective self-introduction to motivate, engage and intrigue the reader to proceed further to reading your resume. How should a resume for safety manager look like to be effective? There are no certain regulations considering the template style and the formatting rules for a safety director resume, however, the main requirements are mainly based on the content that you put in it.
Writing a cover letter is an important part of the process, so check our sample to make sure you do it right. You need to prepare a good safety professional resume in advance, so you might also want to review this successful environmental health resume example. Read through the following piece and learn how to prepare a worthy piece of your first self-presentation.
John D. “Dan” Bell | ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
1705 Pinewood Lane, Fultondale, AL 35068 • (205) 849-2127 (home) • (205) 602-0941 (cell) • email@example.com
Subject: Application for the position of Environmental Health and Safety Manager
I am pleased to submit my resume for the available Environmental Health and Safety Manager position with your company. Given my background in environmental, health, and safety initiatives, I feel I am in a great position to make significant contributions to Milo’s Tea. In each of my previous roles, I have delivered success on a range of business objectives by applying a focused personal integrity and work ethic, as well as a passion for .
Please review these points from my professional background which summarize the experience and talents I can apply in this new role:
- Over 20 years of experience developing and monitoring accident prevention programs, policies, and procedures to ensure continuously safe working condition.
- A strong talent for developing strong working relationships with State, Federal, and local officials, as well as other environmental stakeholders
- Experience preparing various compliance plans, such as Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
Attached is my resume that provides additional information on my background and qualifications. As you can see I have a wide breadth of experience that would make me a strong asset to your team. I would appreciate the opportunity to schedule a meeting with you to discuss this role and the value I could add to your company.
In the interim, thank you for reviewing this letter and the attached material.
John D. “Dan” Bell
(205) 849-2127 (home)
(205) 602-0941 (cell)
Safety manager resume is a chance for the safety professional to express the professionalism and bright individuality. In the resume, you can show your career aspirations by providing the relevant examples and your true achievements. Make sure your cover letter is effective and strong enough to stir the reader’s urge for reading your curriculum vitae and evoke the desire to familiarize oneself with your full potentials.