Business Essay Topics
While writing an essay, every aspect matters (research, topic selection, note-taking etc.). A field like business has numerous topics and it is only after you narrow it down that it meaningful topics will be found. There are quite a number of business essay topics and developing one requires patience and research especially when the instructor asked students to write on topics of their liking.
Below are examples of topics of business essay topics to help you get started.
List of 10 persuasive business topics:
- A college degree is not a guarantee for business success.
- Poor management coupled with poor leadership are the main factors in business bankruptcy.
- Social network platforms are effective in promoting businesses.
- A positive working environment almost certainly leads to positive effects on productivity.
- All businesses should go green.
- The recruitment exercise can be used as a tool for effective productivity.
- Employees are motivated more by an effective corporate culture.
- Vertical communication is as important as horizontal communication.
- Brainstorming is an essential tool that can be used to improve a business’s productivity.
- Virtual businesses will be more profitable in the future.
List of 10 argumentative business topics:
- Lower pay scales can only work when managers are cooperative and working conditions are optima.
- It is better to merge than to get acquired.
- Leadership can be developed and acquired from learning, self-awareness, and self-improvement.
- To maximize profits, companies must exploit labor.
- Better pay scale is the highest level of motivation compared to other rewards.
- Innovation is one of the major factors that separates leaders and followers.
- Leadership is an entirely innate quality.
- Investment in social media promotions and digital marketing are effective ways of attracting a bigger audience.
- Biased responses hinder or negatively impact on the credibility of test marketing.
- Labor turnover is an appropriate measure of company loyalty.
List of 10 topics on business law:
- Is duress sufficient reason for a breach of contract case? When should it be considered as such?
- What are some of the legal issues that plague startups?
- Make a case to support paternity leaves for fathers.
- Should companies institute laws to bar employees from smoking? Is it legal?
- What are some of the illegal ways that companies handle accidents within the workplace?
- Is it legal for companies to hide information that could be potentially injurious to their image especially from their customers?
- Is it possible for businesses to avoid litigation procedures?
- How do pirate websites impact or affect enterprises?
- What are some of the methods that could be employed to successfully identify bankruptcy?
- What do you understand by the term affirmative action? What is its significance or impact for a business?
List of 10 topics of business ethics:
- How has nepotism affected businesses? Provide examples.
- Should the health effects of cigarettes be ignored because of its monetary value?
- Is it legal or ethical for service providers to include hidden charges?
- Should an individual’s family status be a factor when determining their pay?
- Profit-oriented business owners often infringe on the quality of their products or services.
- Is it possible for companies to stop polluting the environment?
- Gender discrimination negatively impacts on productivity and performance.
- Employers should make reporting channels easily accessible for their laborers.
- Is a promise or the word of mouth worth anything in business?
- Should companies be held responsible after their consumers misuse their products?
List of 10 topics of business management:
- Promotion biasness.
- Sexual harassment within company premises.
- Statutes regarding dress code within the business premise.
- Employees dating policy.
- Performance evaluation techniques.
- Importance of structuring a conducive corporate culture.
- Impromptu downsizing.
- Provision of equal opportunities for employees.
- Empowerment of employees.
- Joining a public union should be a choice.
The business world is complex, sometimes cruel, and full of pitfalls. Not many experienced analysts can predict the development of the market. Students who study at business departments are often assigned with business research papers in which they need to investigate diverse companies, consumer behavior, and the flow of active assets.
However, teachers understand that students can’t be absolutely accurate in issues that concern the future or potential actions. Therefore, instructors usually evaluate students’ abilities to analyze and prove opinions. Also, they expect interesting business topics for research paper writing from students. Below, you will find unusual research paper topic ideas that you can use to complete your paper.
Business Topics for Research Paper: Workplace Diversity
What is work place diversity? Briefly speaking, it’s a company’s strategy that implies hiring employees of different ages, races, ethnicities, and genders. Is it just tolerance in an effective marketing strategy? Choose the subject for investigation below and find the answer to this question.
- How does gender influence a person’s ability to manage large and small teams?
- Why do companies that work in certain niches prefer to hire youth? Explain with an example of one or several similar organizations.
- How do the differences in ethnical cultures affect team-building processes?
- Are there difficulties in cross-functional cooperation of departments that contain people of different ages?
- What types of companies hire more men than women and why? Do they believe that stereotypes on the efficiency of such a hiring approach are empirically confirmed?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Management Techniques
A slew of factors affect the growth of companies, and one of the key factors is effective management. How entrepreneurs of top organizations build businesses so that they rapidly develop, as well as their strategies and techniques, are ideas you can explore by creating an essay on the topics below.
- What personal qualities should the perfect manager possess?
- How to find out preemptively that a person is ready to hold a managing position? Are psychological tests effective in defining this?
- How do entrepreneurs of big companies develop emotional resilience to stand out during a crisis?
- To what extent is top management responsible for building good relationships among colleagues?
- What steps should managers take to fulfill career longings and ambitions of each employee?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Success of Small Businesses
Though big companies have more sources for product enhancing and advertising, they sometimes lose small businesses in definite niches, such as bakeries, flower shops, coffee houses, and others. Why is it so? Try to understand how this happens by writing a paper. Here are some ideas:
- What types of products do consumers often purchase from small companies instead of big companies?
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- How would the market change if small businesses became extinct?
- What niches don’t fit small businesses?
- Is organizing a business with a friend a good or bad idea? What are advantages and disadvantages?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Franchises
Typically, businessmen buy franchises when they don’t want to spend much time on the concept of a brand, advertising, or marketing strategy. What are advantages and disadvantages of buying franchises? Investigate the issue using our topics:
- What are the disadvantages of buying a franchise comparing to setting up a new business?
- Why are fitness franchises becoming more and more popular?
- What franchise models exist and which should be chosen for a coffee house?
- Should franchisees promote the brands on their own or is it the responsibility of franchise holders?
- What items should be included in a franchise agreement to save the franchisees from spending much money without reward?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Globalization
Globalization has an impact on market tendencies and companies’ approaches towards consumers. Companies need to adopt new techniques and marketing strategies to satisfy consumers’ needs. Examine the following questions on globalization.
- What factors should companies consider when deciding the market and country of which they would like to come?
- How has consumer behavior changed since the beginning of globalization?
- How does the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- Does the process of globalization still prosper, or will it inevitably see a decrease?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
Business Topics for Research Paper Ideas
- Will involvement in a charity make a company more popular and likable?
- If personal guns are banned, will this ruin the handgun production industry?
- Should minimum salary (or minimum wage) be canceled? If so, how do you evaluate each employee’s work?
- Will the traditional definition of commerce and retail die in 10-15 years, and shopping activity migrate entirely to the Internet?
- Is advertizing on the Internet more effective than other kinds of ads?
- Should tobacco production companies be obliged to pay more taxes or donate to cancer curing facilities?
- What are the main disadvantages of outsourcing?
- What role does business ethics play in making important decisions for a company?
- What roles do ethics and morality play in a business-oriented society?
- How do you make a museum exhibition interesting and marketable?
- What are the key factors that contributed to high sales rates of mobile phones in the last three years?
- What are the challenges faced by companies with international human resources?
- What are some old and rigid corporate rituals that are still present to this day?
- Is brainstorming as effective in creating business solutions and ideas as it is said to be?
- Define “healthy work environment.” How can you create one?
- What is the best country in 2016 to invest money in and why?
- How do both world crises and military conflicts influence business in the US?
- Is it true that people are more willing to pay for a famous brand than for a commodity with the same properties produced by a less famous brand? Why or why not?
- The power of image in modern business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- What are some psychological tricks that make people buy more expensive goods or a higher quantity than they had originally planned?
- What is the culture of consumerism? Do you believe that it was artificially created by the largest companies for their own profit?
- How does feminism influence products for women (clothes, make up, etc.)?
- What are the most influential brands among teenagers in recent years?
- If recycling is made mandatory, will it influence the prices of goods? Will it be beneficial in the longer term?
- Is it acceptable for companies to be allowed to advertise their products in schools?
- How has social media changed marketing strategies that we use?
- Should every company hire a psychologist to deal with employee stress?
- Corporate sports and art classes as enhancers of creativity and healthy work environments.
- Why have start-ups become so popular in recent years? What is the reason for the occurrence of this phenomenon?
- How can entrepreneurs be encouraged to lead more eco-friendly policies in their companies?
Here you can also find international business research paper topics. In case you are interested in other subjects to write your research paper within, check out the list of outstanding research paper topics.
After looking through so many topics, you might be a little bit bewildered about what to choose. It’s better to select a subject that you partly discussed in class or which you care about. Also, you shouldn’t take easiness as a key criterion for making a choice. Some topics that can seem easy can turn out to be difficult, and vice versa. In case you are panicking and can’t concentrate on anything, apply to EssayShark.com research paper writing service. Our support team will help you to overcome academic challenges.