Tax Preparer Advice
When April comes around, professional tax preparers are in high demand! In addition to coursework and specialized training, a compelling cover letter is essential to succeeding in this important field. The cover letter examples below have been designed specifically for tax preparer positions. Use these cover letter examples to create the cover letter you’ll need to make an impression on employers, and land the job you’re looking for.
Cover Letter Tips for Tax Preparer
The following information can help you design a cover letter that can get any hiring managers attention. Even if a job is not openly advertised, companies still need employees. Here are five tips to creating a very effective cover letter:
1. Emphasize your Strengths. By highlighting your strong points on your cover letter, it can give your potential employer a better idea of how they would be able to use you and where best you would fit in. When you include your strong points, it allows you to develop your potential and learn how to apply your character to increasing your value as an employee.
2. Be OrganizedCreate a cover letter that looks professional and organized. By presenting a well-written cover letter, it gives the image of being professional.
3. Have a PurposeBy presenting a character that is purpose driven and has goals, it shows an employer that you can plan your work and achieve your goals. Productive employees are what an employer looks for. Include situations in your cover letter that highlight your achievements and any awards or accommodations you may have received.
4. If you were BossWhat would you want to see in an impressive cover letter? Pretend that your cover letter was presented to you. Would you arrange an interview based on your cover letter? If not, create a cover letter that would impress you.
5. Check your Work. Never turn in a cover letter that has not been checked for spelling or grammatical errors. Mistakes make you look sloppy and disorganized, reducing your chance of getting the interview.
Tax Preparer Job Seeking Tips
When you are looking for work as a Tax Preparer or anywhere else, pay attention to the small details and create a more effective job search by including some simple steps. Here are five easy tips that will help you create an effective job search.
1. Learn to NetworkAn important part of your job search is learning how to use your network. Don’t forget to talk to friends or family members and let them know you are looking for work and what type of work you want. You never know who they might meet that is looking to hire someone like you.
2. Improve your job skills. Temp agencies and unemployment offices offer free classes in computer programs that can help increase your skills.
3. Have a PlanDesign a way to measure the success of your job search each day.
4. Do your Research When you take the time to learn more about the work you are applying for, it will impress a potential employer and show them you are serious about your work. Take time to learn all you can about any potential jobs.
5. Mock InterviewHave a friend or family member conduct an interview with you to remove any nervousness.
Tax Preparer Cover Letter
Why do you need a tax preparer cover letter? If you assume that it is a needed only to apply for a job, then you need to rethink because the objective of your cover letter goes beyond just applying for the job. You just need to prepare an informative cover letter that satisfies every query of the employer. This is possible when you revise your experiences, qualifications, skills and other information related to this profession.
A tax preparer works for either individuals or organizations and prepares tax returns. Tax preparer does this by applying various laws and calculations upon each transaction that has been done by or on behalf of the client. This job calls for individuals with in-depth knowledge of the latest taxation laws and preparation of different statements depending on the nature of business and the transactions that may take place in a financial year.
How to Write Tax Preparer Cover Letter
Being a tax preparer, you already understand how important it is to put down accurate information on paper to finalize tax statements. In a similar fashion, you will have to prepare an updated and factually correct cover letter that does not create any confusion for the employer. You need to keep the language very simple and grammatically correct as it helps the employer to read and understand your tax preparer cover letter without creating any confusion. A cover letter is divided into three sections. The first section is an introductory part where you write your contact information followed by the employers' and the subject line of the letter. The second part provides an explanation of your qualifications including a brief of your experiences. The third part or the conclusion is where you can express your expectations and gratitude to the reader.
Follow the format of the sample tax preparer cover letter to create a perfect and job winning cover letter.
Eric D. Jones
1245, Lansing Street, Winston Square
Los Angeles, California 24580
Date: October 25, 2011
Harold T. Wayne
22, Maroon Business Park, Presley Street
Los Angeles, California 24580
While searching for a new job, I came across the advertisement posted for the position of tax preparer in your organization. I look at it as a very interesting and challenging opportunity that will further allow me to deliver honest efforts and also allow me to learn new skills while I perform the job responsibilities.
I possess 12 years of experience as a tax preparer for clients ranging from individuals, small and medium enterprises to multinational firms. Currently I am employed at Preston Consultants as a tax preparer and prior to this job, I had been working for Schumacher Consultants. During my career, I have prepared complete tax returns for each client without any errors in figures and information. I am also updated with the latest amendments in the federal, state and city tax regulations.
As an individual, I possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with confidence and patience that is required to carry out the work responsibilities in a professional manner. I am also a dedicated worker with a passion to excel and outperform and help the organization to grow and succeed.
Please find my resume, recommendation letters and credentials and experience certificate along with this letter. I am thankful to you for being generous enough to read my application and it would give me pleasure to meet you in person to discuss further details regarding the job.
Eric D. Jones
Always prepare a few drafts before you finalize your tax preparer cover letter as it gives you a chance to correct your mistakes and omit any information that does not serve the employers need.