Hospice Nurse Resume
A hospice nurse specializes in making the end days of a patient better. She provides physical and emotional support to patients and in embracing the inevitable gracefully. Though she executes responsibilities similar to other nurses, she also shoulder additional responsibility of comforting the terminally ill.
If you feel making someone's life comfortable during his or her end days is like fulfilling your own life, then a hospice nurse career is for you. This sample resume describes how a hospice nurse provided compassionate care to dying patients.
Hospice Nurse Resume Example
A dedicated and compassionate hospice nurse would like to work for a hospice and palliative care center to apply skills in managing crisis care, emotional, and spiritual needs of terminally-ill patients.
Summary of Skills:
- Strong knowledge of nursing practices and standards
- Experienced in providing direct care to patients
- Skilled in dealing with crisis situations and make appropriate judgment
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and provide patient's requirement
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
Lord's Hospital, Chicago, IL
June 2012 - Present
- Provide home nursing care for terminally ill patients
- Follow physician's orders and plan for patient's treatments
- Deliver excellent patient experience
- Perform regular assessment on patient's status
- Sort and allocate patient care problems
- Develop and implement personalized patient care plans
- Provide best end-of-life care to dying patients
Holy Cross Hospital, Chicago, IL
March 2010 - June 2012
- Helped families in caring for their loves ones at homes
- Ordered supplies for patient care at home and maintained details
- Performed patient assessment and create care plans
- Maintained comfort and quality of life for terminally-ill patients
- Communicated with patients and narrated them stories from Bible
- Keenly observed patients and informed families about their last days
- Coordinated personal care with physicians and other nursing staff
- Performed pain management and made patients comfortable
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Flower Nursing School, Chicago, IL
- ICU Course Certification
National Nursing Board, Chicago, IL
As a highly skilled Hospice Nurse I read your posting for a new Hospice Nurse with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking particular my role as a Hospice Nurse at NCL Hospice Care and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organisation.
With more than 9 years’ experience as a Hospice Nurse I am adept in crisis management and case management. Moreover while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set including first-rate communication and critical thinking skills I excel at:
- Acute Care Nursing
- Interdisciplinary Team management
In addition to my experience and personal qualities I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for hospice care.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and abilities. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
Thank you for your time and consideration.